The Brasileiro fila, also known as the Brazilian fila, is one of the most famous dog breeds in Brazil. They were bred to protect the home and herd from wild animals, as well as to hunt big game. Today they have become popular companions and guards because of their loyalty and reliability.
- Size: The Fila Brasileiro is a large breed of dog, with an average height at withers of 60 to 75 cm and a weight of 50 to 60 kg.
- Appearance: They have a short, thick coat that can be black, gray, yellow, pale or white. They have large, rounded heads, short muzzles and dark eyes. Their ears and tail are usually not cropped.
- Character: Fila brazileiro are very loyal and protective. They can be gentle and affectionate with their families, but can be hostile to outsiders. They have high energy and can be quite dominant, so they need good socialization and training.
- Health: Fila brazileiro are generally very healthy, but some may suffer from hip and elbow dysplasia disease, so it is important to buy puppies from bona fide breeders.
- Nutrition: Phila brazileiro need a high quality diet that is appropriate for their size and energy. It is important to provide them with a diet of protein and other nutrients that support bone, muscle, and skin health.
- Grooming: Fila Brazileiro require a bit of grooming, their short coat does not require a daily comb, but may occasionally be subjected to an occasional long hair change. It is also important to take care of their ears and teeth, brushing them regularly to avoid health problems.
Behavior and training:
The Fila Brasileiro is a breed of dog that needs training and socialization from a very young age. They have a strong character and can be quite dominant, so strict but not cruel training methods are required. They are easy to train if the trainer is patient and persistent. In addition, it is important to start training at a young age and gradually build up the difficulty of the tasks. Fila brazileiro is great for sports such as agility or training.
Is the Fila brazileiro right for you?
The Fila brazileiro is a dog breed that is not suitable for everyone. They are loyal and reliable, but can be aggressive to strangers, so they need good socialization and training. They also require a lot of space and can be expensive to care for, so you should think carefully about your options and needs before you buy.
Can I keep Phila brazileiro outside?
No, the Fila Brasileiro should not be kept outside on a regular basis. This breed of dog needs proximity to their owners and an indoor living space where they can feel comfortable and protected.
Although the Fila Brasileiro can live outdoors for short periods of time, such as backyard games or outdoor walks, they should not be forced to reside outside. This is because this breed has short coats and has no undercoat, making them vulnerable to changes in weather conditions and temperature.
In addition, keeping dogs outside does not meet the standards and guidelines for the care of pets, so if you plan to get a Phil Brazilian, you should provide them with decent living conditions inside the house or apartment, where they will receive proper care, attention and love.
Top 10 facts about the Fila brazileiro:
- The Fila brazileiro is a large breed of dog that originated in Brazil.
- Their original use was to protect the home and herd from wild animals and to hunt big game.
- They have a short, thick coat that can be black, gray, yellow, pale, or white.
- The Fila Brasileiro ranges in height from 60 to 75 cm at the withers and weighs 50 to 60 kg.
- Fila brazileiro have large, rounded heads, short muzzles and dark eyes.
- They are very loyal and protective, making them excellent guards and companions.
- They can be quite dominant, so they need strict but not brutal training.
- Fila brazileiro are very hardy and can easily do activities such as agility or training.
- They need a good diet that matches their size and energy to keep their bones, muscles and skin healthy.
- The Fila Brasileiro is a dog breed that can be a great choice for those looking for a loyal and protective pet, but requires a certain level of care and attention.
The Fila brazileiro is a dog breed that has its own characteristics and requirements. They are loyal, protective and can be great companions, but require good socialization and training. They need high quality nutrition and coat care that can be kept healthy through regular grooming. If you are willing to provide them with enough space and time, the Fila Brasileiro can be a great friend and partner in all activities. However, before purchasing this dog breed, you should carefully consider your options and needs to be sure it is right for you.