The Canary Dane, also known as the Presa Canario, is a breed that originated in the Canary Islands, located in western Africa. They were used for a variety of purposes, including herd protection, big game hunting and fighting with other dogs. Today, the Canary Dog has become popular as a family pet because of its loyalty and protective qualities.
History of the breed
The Canary Dog was bred in ancient times in the Canary Islands, where it was used for fighting other dogs, hunting, and guarding property. The breed originated from a mixture of local hunting dogs and Molosser breeds that were imported to the islands by many civilizations, such as Rome, Phoenicia, and Carthage. Later, this breed was used for guarding livestock, as its imposing appearance and loyalty made it ideal for this job.
The Canary Dane is a large, powerful breed of dog, reaching a height at withers of 58 to 66 cm and weighing between 40 and 70 kg. It has a strong, muscular build and a broad head with a powerful jaw and large teeth. They have a short, smooth coat and can come in a variety of colors, including pale, white, black and gray.
The Canary Dog is a breed that is known for being protective and loyal. They are very loyal to their owner and his family, but can be unpleasant to outsiders. They are good with children, but need early and ongoing socialization to avoid aggressive behavior. Canary Dogs can exhibit dominant behavior and require an experienced owner who will set rules and boundaries for them.
This breed is known for their ability to guard and protect. They can be used as guard dogs and work well in the role of guarding property. Canary Dogs can be unpredictable, so it is important to have their behavior in public places under control.
Canary Dogs have short, smooth coats and require little care. But they should get enough exercise and activity to stay healthy and happy. Regular training and socialization are also important to prevent aggressive behavior.
Top 10 facts about the Canary Dog:
- The Canary Dane is one of the largest dog breeds, reaching up to 70 pounds.
- They originated in the Canary Islands, where they were used for hunting and guarding property.
- The Canary Dane was bred from a mixture of local hunting dogs and Molosser breeds.
- They have a powerful build and a broad head with large teeth and powerful jaws.
- The Canary Dane can come in a variety of colors, including pale, white, black, and gray.
- This breed is known for being loyal and protective, but requires early and constant socialization.
- They can be used as guard dogs and work well in the role of guarding property.
- Canary Dogs can exhibit dominant behavior and require an experienced owner.
- Grooming them requires little effort, but they do need plenty of exercise and exercise.
- The Canary Dane is a breed that is suitable for experienced owners who are looking for a loyal and protective pet.
The Canary Dog (Presa Canario) is a dog breed that has its roots in the Canary Islands. They were bred from a mixture of local hunting dogs and Molosser breeds, and were used for hunting, guarding property, and fighting other dogs. Today, the Canary Dog has become popular as a family pet because of its loyalty and protective qualities.